Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Unfortunate Death of Lyrics... Response to My Dear Friend, Sarah E.


    Read this: http://jesusgirl96.blogspot.com/2012/07/unfortunate-death-of-lyrics.html  FIRST!!! if you want to have any idea whatsoever of what I am talking about. If you already did, I love you and you're on top of it:D Now, let's get started...

    Sarah, I love you, but have ya listened to the radio recently? I'm not saying that all mainstream is like this song. I mean, I like "We Are Young" and "Somebody That I Used To Know" as much as the next person until they play it a few too many times on the radio. But sex sells. Drugs sell. Rock and roll sells:p Though personally I happen to love rock and roll and most other genres of music. And I'm not super picky even about whatever morals in the song, which may not be a good thing. I'll listen to KiD CuDi, Lil' Wayne, Escape the Fate, Falling in Reverse, Marilyn Manson, Carrie Underwood, Queen, No Doubt, Twisted Sister, crap-I-can't-think-of-people-from-other-genres, Johnny Diaz, One Direction, Lincoln Park, The Cure, etc. but the thing is, a lot of people listen to what sells the most.

      If you're gonna listen to listen to a song about sex at least listen to "Sex On Fire" by Kings of Leon. At least there are some lyrics in that song. It's not practically a classic for nothing. Good grief. A song repeating "I just had sex" (which I have heard before so I know exactly what your talking about) has SO MUCH ALLURE! Ha ha. But to each his or her own. If you want to listen to that song, good for you. If you don't, good for you.

    Check out the song below if you want some freaking good lyrics;) It's one of my favorite songs of all time.


     Maybe this pure genius will make up for "I just had sex" on repeat. Hey, you should write a song called that " 'I Just Had Sex' On Repeat". Complain about the song by writing a song about a song and add minor chords. Okay, I just managed to entertain myself for the night through that one. I'll see you tomorrow Sarah E.

No comments:

Post a Comment