Thursday, May 26, 2011

Goals, Music, and "Careless Whispers"

     Today, I had my last final at school. Today, I started this blog. For a few days I have been thinking about starting a blog due to a wonderful book called, The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published. From what I have read so far, I would recommend it to anyone interested in publishing a novel. Someday soon, I want to publish a novel. Actually, I have a specific story in mind. For the most part finished this book, and after I finish editing in a few things and majorly changing a few more things, I plan on trying to get it published. Hence the reason for my buying the book, The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published. Here's a link for if you're interested


     Let me tell you a little bit about my book. A young woman named Maya works for a company called the MMM (aka the Mythical Monster Marauders). She is one of their top rangers, which is a bounty hunter for MM's (Mythical Monsters), such as vampires, werewolves, banshees, fairies, and my personal favorite, zombies. These creatures seem like ordinary human beings to the passerby, but when no one is paying attention, they are cold blooded killers. The MMM's goal is to take them down.

     "Until every Mythical Monster has been annihilated from this universe, we shall neither stop nor rest for anything. Not even death will deter us from our mission." This is their motto. Maya fully believes it and juggles studying business at a college in Arizona with her career as a ranger. Then she captures a zombie who is high up in the MM system, Donovon Seely. After a chain reaction of events that all begin with his capture, she reaches a precipice forcing her to make choices, some of which are made for her, that upset her way of life and make her question everything she's believed. Is the MMM right? Are all of the MM's bloodthirsty wretched beings or is there something more to them? Are the MM's right? Is the MMM an organization that is single minded and not taking the time to look at the whole picture? Is their only goal to kill MM's? And the most eminent question of all is which would Maya be willing to die for.


     I want to call this story Blood and Triumph, but let me know what you think and please feel free to suggest titles. I would seriously love your feedback.


     On another note, I had a clarinet lesson today! This summer I plan on practicing as much as I can. I want to audition for All State band in the fall (and All County) and give them a really good audition. I made it to All State in eighth grade, but my audition was terrible. In the end I made All State Honors and it was so much fun (though my butt really hurt after sitting for three or four hours at a time)! I'm also learning saxophone this summer so that I can play in jazz band next winter. I'm also going to convince my band director to get a composition with clarinet in it, like something by Benny Goodman.
Speaking of saxophone, here is a video that is- well, see for yourself.



     Haha! I love it when he runs into the marching band field. I have to say though, if he came in at a pause in the middle I would have been thoroughly entertained. Heck, I probably would've laughed even if it was in the middle of our show (maybe, it would depend on my mood). Yeah, the only good version of that song is by Seether. No offense meant to any George Michael fans, but it's the truth.



     Everyone have a great night enjoy having "Careless Whisper" stuck in your head!!

4 comments:

  1. I feel honored that I was indirectly mentioned in your "About Me" section. You are one interesting person, Kirsten. But most of all, a splendiferous friend. So, keep up the good work. And don't get too hot in physics ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood and Triumph? Awesome title Chica. Hey go czech out my blog, kay?? And I was running around my house singing "Careless Whisper" before I saw this.... HAHAHAHAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blood and Triumph sounds good! When I say I'll start story's I all ways give up after 2 pages! I should really work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "No no!! This is Saxaphone Superstar Sergio Flores!!"
    hahaha I'm SO naming my kid that...

    ReplyDelete